Challenging the debtor's transactions is one of the key and most effective ways to replenish the bankruptcy estate, which is actively used by trustees in bankruptcy and creditors.
In today's civil turnover, any company may face the risk of bankruptcy of the counterparty. Even with the full integrity of the organization, the law provides for many cases when the trustee in bankruptcy or other creditors may require the return of funds or property received from the insolvent counterparty. The experts of the Anti-Crisis Group "Pilot", who have a deep knowledge of bankruptcy legislation, law enforcement practice and have extensive experience in disputes on invalidation of transactions, will help protect the client from unreasonable claims, preserve property and prevent financial losses.
In addition, the need to challenging transactions may be due to the debtor's dishonest behavior during the pre-bankruptcy period and the need to return assets to the bankruptcy estate, which is also the activity sphere of our experts.
We provide the following services in the context of disputes over the invalidation of the debtor’s transactions:
- Full support of isolated disputes over the invalidation of the debtor's transactions by both applicants and defendants;
- Analysis of the debtor's documentation to identify transactions that are subject to challenge. Our experts will analyze the debtor's account statements in detail for suspicious payments made during the pre-bankruptcy period, identify contracts and other transactions aimed at withdrawing assets;
- Preparation of applications (responses to applications) on challenging transactions and other procedural documents within this category of disputes;
- Support of measures for the return of funds or property for transactions that were declared invalid;
- Legal assistance in qualifying claims against the debtor by contractors under a challenged transaction, including such claims in the register of creditors' claims of the debtor;
- Challenging a chain of transactions aimed at withdrawing assets;
- Declaration of a claim for invalidation of a transaction as a counterclaim when unfair counterparties are included in the register of creditors' claims of the debtor.
- In addition to challenging transactions, our experts are ready to provide qualified legal assistance in challenging decisions of creditors' meetings and the creditors' committee.